There are many roads which lead to Jannesland. These are the commonest of them.
Driving all the way through Danmark (Flensburg, Kolding, Odense, Kopenhagen) and then take the Öresundbridge into Sweden after which you drive from Malmö to Stockholm on the E4 and after that up north in the direction of Sundsvall. From there you have 2 options:
1. Drive on to Sundsvall, in Sundsvall take the E14 in the direction of Östersund, exit Stöde and then turn left and head for Fanbyn. Turn left onto road 305 in the direction of Hassela. After 10 kilometres on this road follow the shield “Jannesland”.
(This route is 30 kilometres longer than option 2, and in Sundsvall with many traffic-lights and traffic-cameras).
2. Just in front of Sundsvall you take the exit Hassela, which is road 307. This route automatically continues in road 305 towards Stöde. Turn left at the shield “Jannesland”.
(This is the shortest route, with quite some miles with “grusväg”, but it offers beautiful countryside.)
Attention!! This road is not really suitable for caravans and large mobile-homes.
The co-ordinates of Jannesland are N 62.324166 E 16.665552
These bring you to the First shield “Jannesland” alongside road 305. The shields will show you the final way.
By car and boat :
1. Kiel(D) – Göteborg(S), sails almost every day at 19.00 and arrives the next day at about 09.00. www.stenaline.nl
2. Travemünde(D) – Trelleborg(S), sails 4 times a day in a return schedule, www.ttline.com
3. Frederikshavn(DK) – Göteborg(S), www.stenaline.nl
4. Puttgarden(D) – Rødby(DK), consequently across the Öresundbridge to Sweden, or alternatively with the 20-minutes ferry Helsingör (DK) – Helsingborg (S),www.scandlines.com
Once you are in Sweden you can follow the road as described ‘by car’ above.
By plane :
Fly from any country in Europe to Stockholm (Arlanda) with SAS (www.flysas.com) or Ryan Air (www.ryanair.nl) From Stockholm-Arlanda you can either take an inland flight to Sundsvall or take the train to Sundsvall. We can pick you up at Sundsvall station or Sundsvall Airport if you wish, and of course we can take you back to station or airport at the end of your holiday again. Another alternative would be renting a car at the airport. Especially in winter we can recommend renting a car, since this car will be equipped with winter-tyres.